This Coalition is a county-wide umbrella organization that embraces and promotes difference and inclusion.
It is committed to making Westmoreland County more inviting and diverse through county-wide programs and events, community conversations, educational material, etc., and seeks to partner with Westmoreland County government and other public and private entities to launch initiatives designed to help Westmoreland County grow and prosper.
The Westmoreland Diversity Coalition and Voice of Westmoreland teamed up recently to organize a local candlelight vigil to honor the victims of the Tree of Life synagogue tragedy. Read more about the event here.
As a Champion Level member of the Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce, FirstEnergy/West Penn Power has the unique opportunity to "gift" a membership to a not-for-profit organization within our community. The recipient of this gift [...]
Become a Member Today!
- To examine our attitudes, words and actions to ensure they reflect our commitment to respect each individual;
- To speak out against both subtle and blatant words of hatred, intimidation and violence;
- To respond positively and promptly to acts of hatred, intimidation or violence perpetrated by individuals or groups against others;
- and To do what we can to promote understanding and unity among all people.
Your financial contribution would help to provide:
- Administrative Support
- Support of our annual celebration
- Support of Special events around the County
- Educational materials to promote diversity and inclusion
- Monthly calendar, Bi Annual Newsletter